COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling
COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling
The Abilene-Taylor County Public Health District (ATCPHD) is now offering online scheduling for COVID-19 Vaccine appointments for those who are eligible for 1A and 1B individuals (see the chart below). Choose your date and time and confirm your appointment online without the wait of a callback.
If You Were Signed Up for the Vaccine Waitlist
If you were already signed up for our previous waitlist, you are encouraged to use this self-scheduling feature to avoid having to wait on a call. Scheduling your own appointment will result in a better user experience than waiting for us to call you. However, we will continue to call people from the waiting list.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Visit abilenetx.gov/vaccineschedule & read all eligibility information before clicking Proceed.
- Enter your personal information & click Proceed.
- Answer the health history questions and click Proceed.
- If you are eligible, you will be able to choose a date for your vaccine appointment. Click on the box to open a calendar. Available dates will be shown in blue; unavailable dates will be grayed out.
- Once you select a date, you can choose a location and time for that date by clicking in the Locations box.
- Click confirm, and a QR code with a confirmation screen will appear. Please screenshot this code or print it out to bring to your appointment to be looked up more efficiently.
- If you can't save or print the code, you can also be looked up by showing your picture ID
What to Expect at the Vaccine Clinic
- Please arrive 15 minutes early
- Please print, complete, and bring the following forms with you:
- Your Picture ID
- Vaccine Consent Forms (PDF)
- If insured, please bring your physical card or make a copy
Please visit our Vaccine Clinic information page for more information, including helpful tips.
If you Have Questions About the Vaccine
Please visit our COVID-19 page and scroll down to COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs for more information.
COVID-19 Vaccine Supply
The Abilene-Taylor County Public Health District is an approved COVID-19 vaccine provider. Supply is currently limited and vaccine administration is based on state guidance which can be found on the Department of State Health Services website. The following groups of individuals are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine:
- Direct Care: Hospital, Long-Term Care, EMS 9-1-1, Home Health, Outpatient, ER/Urgent Care, Pharmacies, Last Responders, School Nurses
- Long-Term Care: Residents of Long-Term Care Facilities
- Persons 65 and older
- Persons 16 and older with chronic condition*
- *Moderna has been approved for individuals 18 years or older
Child Care (as of 3/3/21)
- Those who work in pre-primary, primary, & secondary schools, as well as Head Start and Early Head Start programs (including teachers, staff, & bus drivers)
- Those who work as or for licensed child care providers, including center-based and family care providers