The Field Services section of Animal Services works to protect the community from animal threats. We also take a strong stance against animal cruelty, and irresponsible owners who choose not to properly vaccinate or care for their animals.
If you are having a problem in your neighborhood or witness any violations, please call emergency dispatch at 325-698-0085, or for after hours emergencies call 325-673-8331. You can also report potential animal cruelty or abuse with SeeClickFix.
Emergency Calls & Non-Emergency Calls
Emergency calls should be made for the following situations:
- Animal owner arrested - animal left alone in vehicle or at home
- Animals in immediate danger - tangled, tethered, emaciated, or injured
- Dead animals in streets - causing a traffic hazard
- Dog and cat bites - human exposure and broken skin
- Dogs attacking other animals or acting aggressively toward humans
- Sick and injured stray animals - obvious wounds on a stray animal
- Venomous snakes - inside homes and living spaces
- Wild animals - inside homes and living spaces
Non-emergency calls should be made for the following situations:
- Animals in a trap - Must be released at night or on weekends
- Dead animals in streets - Not causing a traffic hazard
- Disposal of animal carcass - Vet clinics needing disposal
- Sick and injured owned animals - Owner must take animals to the vet
- Sightings of wild animals - At night or in their natural habitat
- Stray or loose animals - Non-life threatening or injured
Animal Services may respond to these calls during regular business hours.