Lost & Found
Abilene Animal Services wants to help all animals find their way back home.
If you have lost your pet:
- Advertise in local newspapers and be sure to read the "Found" ads.
- Check our new arrivals daily to see if your pet was brought into the shelter. Visit our shelter as often as possible and check other shelters as well.
- Email Abilene Animal Services information and a photo of your pet
- Reports are held for 30 days then removed. After 30 days, you may fill out another report if your pet is still missing,
- Search your neighborhood, leaving the description of your pet and your contact information with as many people and businesses as possible.
If you are fortunate enough to find your lost pet, please consider a microchipping your pet.
- Advertise in local newspapers and be sure to read the "Lost" ads.
- If you are unable to transport the animal or feel that to do so may endanger your safety, you can call Animal Services to pick-up the animal from you at no charge.
- If you choose to shelter the animal yourself, please email Abilene Animal Services information and a photo of the pet.
- Reports are held for 30 days then removed. After 30 days, you may fill out another report if the owner has not been found.
- If you have found a pet, bring the animal to the Animal Shelter to be scanned for a microchip or take animal to closet Veterinary Clinic to be scanned.
If you saw the animal on our website please email Abilene Animal Services or call (325) 698-0085 and give your name, number, address and the Animal's ID number from the website.
You must have valid government issued ID to reclaim your animal.
Animal Services Fees
All animals reclaimed will receive a microchip, and we will charge a $15 fee.
Any medical services provide to the animal while in custody of Animal Services must be paid in full before animal is released back to the owner. These fees do not represent any fee amount of a citation in which an Animal Services officer may issue at their discretion for violations your animal has done.