Information Technology Department
The Information Technology team supports those that support you! We develop and maintain the City's technology infrastructure (voice and data networks, data systems, and communications systems) so that City departments serve you in the fastest, most reliable and cost-efficient way.
Through the use of technology, the City strives to accommodate your needs by producing what you want, when you need it. Fortunately, technology continues to evolve day after day, and the City's team of dedicated experts study technology trends and look for ways to streamline old processes and develop new departmental services. Our goal is to provide for departments to deliver the most effective and useful services to Abilene citizens.
Supporting City departments through:
Systems & Security Services
- Network operations, cybersecurity, systems administration, and data center operations.
- Field support, technical service desk operations, hardware, software, inventory, installation, maintenance, disposition, and procurement.
Applications & Database Services
- Applications, design, development, deployment, and maintenance. Assistance with 3rd party applications and integration.
Geospatial Systems & Abilene/Taylor County 911 District
- Emergency response address compliance, managing the administration of the Abilene/Taylor County 911 District, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Telecommunications & Infrastructure Projects
- City-wide communications and infrastructure supporting voice, data, and critical operations.