Like many of you, CityLink is closely monitoring what is happening with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). CityLink’s top priority is to ensure the safety and welfare of our passengers and employees. We realize that our passengers continue to have travel needs within our community therefore, CityLink will be operating all services as scheduled.
For the past several weeks, CityLink has been sanitizing and disinfecting all buses each night in addition to disinfecting passenger seating in the lobby and other high touch point areas such as door handles and counter tops throughout the day. CityLink will continue this practice for the foreseeable future and are prepared to increase our precautions as needed, under the direction of the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
As CityLink continues to take extra cleaning precautions, we recommend that our passengers protect themselves from germs and practice social distancing. Please help us prevent the spread of the Coronavirus and other flu-like illnesses on our buses by following the recommended tips from the Center for Disease Control (CDC):
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (if soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol) especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- If you are feeling ill, stay home and avoid close contact with others
- The CDC does not currently recommend that masks be worn by unaffected people as they have not yet been proven to be effective
CityLink is the public transit system for the City of Abilene. We provide safe, reliable, and affordable transportation for the citizens of Abilene.
What We Do
- Fixed Route Service - We provide eight weekday and six Saturday fixed route routes, which are distributed geographically across the city
- Paratransit Service - We provide door-to-door ADA paratransit service
- Evening Service - We offer advanced reservation, on-demand curb to curb service after 6:15pm until 11:45pm, Monday through Saturday.
All services are provided Monday-Saturday. There is no service Sundays or on the following holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Expanded On Call Area
Phone: 325-676-6287 Option 2
A new expanded on-call service zone will be available effective July 15, 2019, for eastern Abilene trips. Weekday Route 6 has the stop at the Mall of Abilene. Trips can be booked a minimum of 2 hours before and a maximum of 7 days in advance.
Travel Training Program
CityLink offers free 'travel training' for individuals who want to access the fixed-route bus system. The program also teaches individuals with disabilities and older adults how to travel independently using public transportation. This program offers three types of training tailored to meet each participant’s need:
Participants in this type of training work one-on-one with a travel trainer to practice using buses to travel to locations they visit on a regular basis.
Travel trainer provides a general introduction to bus accessibility to educate participants on how to use the CityLink services.
Group Transit Orientation
A travel trainer provides an overview of accessibility features in transit vehicles and how to plan trips, pay and travel safely in the community while using fixed-route buses.
Groups and Individuals can sign up for travel training by calling 325-676-6BUS Option 2.
West Central Texas Rides (WCTX)
WCTX Rides is a safe, dependable, cost-effective, and seamless transportation network that provides mobility, improved quality of life, and a stimulus for economic development in West Central Texas.
Plan trips using our region's transportation system for affordable, accessible, and connected transportation.
- City and Rural Rides
- Disability in Action
- Double Mountain Coach
- Private Transportation services (Greyhound, ridesharing, taxis, etc)