Customer Service Center
The Customer Service Center is responsible for the Municipal Utility Billing of the Water Utilities Department, and is located at 4595 South 1st Street.
Duties of this office including meter reading, billing, collections, and customer assistance for over 42,000 accounts. The office also oversees the water conservation education efforts of the department.
Ways to Pay Your Municipal Utility Bill
Pay your Municipal Utility Bill Online
- A 3% fee is added when paying by credit or debit card online using the Quick Pay, Pay Now, Schedule Payment, or Enroll in Auto Pay
If you have already registered through the payment website, simply click "Pay My Water Bill" above and log in using your email and password on the login screen. If you have forgotten your password, select Password Recovery and follow the prompts to reset your password.
If you have not registered, visit Utility Billing Home where you can select "Quick Pay" to pay without creating an account login. If you wish to create an account, select "Register" in the log in section and enter your information to create a log in.
Pay By Bank Draft
Paying by bank draft is a convenient way to automatically pay your bill each month. No processing fees are required.
- Complete the Bank Draft Authorization form online
- Download the Bank Draft Authorization form (PDF)
- Mail completed form to PO Box 3479, Abilene, Texas 79604
- Bring completed form to the Customer Service Center at 4595 South 1st Street
- Drop completed form in our drop boxes at the Customer Service Center parking lot or City Hall parking lot (555 Walnut)
Pay by Phone
Call (325) 676-6405
Using the Automated System
Pay by IVR (an automated system) anytime over the phone. A 2.95% fee ($2.95 minimum) is added when paying with a credit or debit card, or a $0.95 fee is added when paying with an e-check. You may also call anytime to check balances, payment amounts, and due dates.
Talking to a Customer Service Representative
During office hours you may call to speak to a customer service representative. They can assist you in setting up a bank draft, or they can accept credit or debit cards over the phone. A 3% fee is added to credit or debit cards taken over the phone.
Pay By Drop Box
Pay your bill by check by using our drop boxes.
- Customer Service Center parking lot at 4595 South 1st Street
- City Hall parking lot at 555 Walnut Street
You may also drop completed bank draft forms into the drop box.
Pay in Person
Visit the Customer Service Center Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm to pay in person. Cashiers can accept cash, check, or money orders for no added fees. A 3% fee will be added when paying by credit or debit card.
You may also bring completed bank draft forms to the office.
Connecting or Disconnecting Service
Complete the Application Online
Mail In or Drop Off an Application
- Download & Complete the Utility Service Application (PDF)
- Include a copy of your Driver’s License or Identification
- Know your Social Security Number (you do not need your card)
- Mail items to PO Box 3479, Abilene, TX 79604 or leave in Drop Box located at 4595 S. 1st Street
To disconnect service, you will need to provide:
- Disconnection Date (must be a weekday, Monday through Friday)
- Forwarding Address for Final Bill
- Verify the Last 4 Digits of Account Holder’s Social Security Number
You can provide these items to us in the following ways:
- Email the Water Utility Office
- Phone: (325) 676-6405
- Visit us at our office:
4595 S 1st Street
Abilene, TX 79605