Municipal Billing Office (Water Utility Customer Service)
The Municipal Billing Office is located inside the Customer Service Center, located at 4595 South 1st Street.
Beginning March 10, 2021, the Water Utility Customer Service Center will be open regular operating hours: Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. Social distancing will be in place. Face masks are encouraged but not mandatory.
This office is responsible for the customer service function of the Water Utilities Department, including meter reading, billing, collections, and customer assistance for over 39,000 accounts. The Office also oversees the water conservation education efforts of the department.
Pay By Phone
The City of Abilene gives you access to your account 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It’s a convenient way to pay your bills on your own time - with no waiting!
- Save postage by paying your bill by phone.
- Access to your updated account instantly
- Hear real-time balances, payment amounts, and due dates
- Enter your information securely through an automated system
- Pay by credit or debit card and now e-check
Call (325) 676-6405 to make your payment now!
Complete the Application Online
Mail In or Drop Off an Application
- Download & Complete the Utility Service Application (PDF)
- Include a copy of your Driver’s License or Identification
- Know your Social Security Number (you do not need your card)
- Mail items to PO Box 3479, Abilene, TX 79604 or leave in Drop Box located at 4595 S. 1st Street
To disconnect service, you will need to provide:
- Disconnection Date (must be a weekday, Monday through Friday)
- Forwarding Address for Final Bill
- Verify the Last 4 Digits of Account Holder’s Social Security Number
You can provide these items to us in the following ways:
- Email the Water Utility Office
- Phone: (325) 676-6405
- Visit us at our office:
4595 S 1st Street
Abilene, TX 79605
TDHCA Texas Rent Relief Program Opens February 15
The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) has received approximately $1.3 billion in Emergency Rental and Utility Payment Assistance funds from the newly passed Coronavirus Relief Bill Rental Assistance Program. TDHCA is using the funds to help Texas renters pay rent and utility bills (including past due rent and utilities).
TDHCA’s Texas Rent Relief program website and phone systems are up and running and ready to answer questions. TDHCA will accept applications from landlords and tenants beginning February 15, 2021, at 8 a.m. Central Time.
- Learn more and apply online at https://texasrentrelief.com/program-information.
- Learn more and apply by phone at 833-9TX-RENT / 833-989-7368.
The Texas Rent Relief program can help with the following costs starting as far back as March 13, 2020:
- Past due, current and up to 3 months of expected rent costs
- Past due, current or up to 3 months of expected utility and home energy expenses
- After the initial 3 months of forward assistance, households can apply for 3 additional months of assistance if funds are still available
Fill out the Water, Sewer, and Refuse Application online.
Review the billing structures for residential or commercial water utility service.
Find answers to frequently asked questions regarding water service, billing, and meter reading.
You can pay your City of Abilene water utility bill in a variety of ways. Learn more.