COACH Health Clinic
City of Abilene Clinic for Health
The COACH Clinic is currently located at the MERCY Health Care Center at 1902 Shelton Street.
The City of Abilene Clinic for Health (COACH) provides free health care for minor, non-emergency type illnesses or injuries for City employees and their dependents covered on the City’s health plan. Eligible employees not covered under the City’s health plan may also visit for a small office fee. Please bring your insurance card as proof of coverage and eligibility for clinic services.
Due to COVID, walk-in appointments are currently not available. Please call ahead at (325) 437-4611 to make an appointment. Appointments are available Monday-Friday and same-day appts are usually available.
NEW: We now see children ages 3 & above who are covered under the city’s health insurance
We can treat:
- Minor burns
- Minor skin lesions
- Minor injuries- lacerations, sprains & strains
- Minor illnesses such as cold, flu, sinus infections
- Seasonal allergies
- Non-emergent allergic reactions: bee stings and insect bites
Additional services we provide:
- COVID-19 Antigen Testing- including testing required for travel & visitation
- Sports physicals
- Laboratory Testing
- Patient Education
- Referrals for services not provided by COACH
We cannot treat the following due to the emergent, critical or specialized care required:
- Significant head injuries
- Broken bones
- Serious, chronic illnesses such as stroke and diabetes
- Major cardiac events
- Major trauma & injuries
COACH is not equipped or intended to provide emergency services.