- Water Utilities
- Quality Control
The Environmental Laboratory
The Environmental Laboratory performs chemical analyses for process control to assist operators in maintaining optimum performance levels at the water and wastewater treatment plants for the City of Abilene.
The Laboratory also performs chemical analyses for compliance monitoring of the water and wastewater plants. Compliance monitoring is analysis of samples to determine if regulatory limits or requirements are being met at both the federal and the state level.
The Industrial Waste Section administers the Industrial Pretreatment Program, Watershed Enforcement, and Health Hazard Backflow Prevention Program.
Annual Water & Quality Reports
Quality Control Policies
- When I turn my water faucet on it smells like rotten eggs. What is causing the smell?
- How hard is my water?
- Is our water safe?
- For what substances do we test?
- How often is testing performed?
- Who performs the tests?
- Are any other tests performed on City of Abilene drinking water?
- Why does the City put fluoride in the water?
- What does the City use to disinfect drinking water?
- What water education programs are available?