Modifications & Adjustments
The city manager, or his or her designee, shall consider a written request for a modification or adjustment of the payment of a street maintenance fee only for the following reasons:
- The customer believes the street maintenance fee was charged in error
- The customer disputes the category of land use used in calculating the fee for the owner's benefitted property.
- Such written request for modification or adjustment must be received by the city manager no later than ten business days from the date of delivery of the municipal account statement which is being disputed.
- The city manager shall make his or her decision based upon the information provided in the written request. The city manager may also, in his or her sole discretion, contact the customer directly for additional information. It is the responsibility of the customer to provide such documentation as may be necessary to prove the sufficiency of their request for an adjustment or modification.
- The city manager shall determine and inform the customer in writing of his or her decision within 30 days from receipt of the written request for modification of adjustment.
- In matters relating to a customer who believes the street maintenance fee was charged in error, the decision of the city manager shall be final, and no appeal may be taken therefrom.
- In matters relating to the customer dispute, the customer may file a written appeal to the street maintenance advisory and appeals board.
- Such written appeal must be received by the city manager no later than 10 business days from the delivery of the city manager's determination letter.
- The street maintenance advisory and appeals board shall hear the appeal at a public meeting within 60 days from the date of receipt of the written appeal. The decision of the street maintenance advisory board shall be final, and no further appeal may be taken.
- During all periods of the request for modification or adjustment process, including any appeal, the customer shall be responsible for the payment of the street maintenance fee in full.
- A customer appealing the street maintenance fee may not receive a refund resulting from the modification or adjustment except for a street maintenance fee billed within six months of the date of the customer's original written request for modification or adjustment to the city manager.