- Stormwater Runoff
- Stormwater Utility Fee
- Drainage Maintenance
- Reducing Stormwater Pollution
- Street Sweeping
- What is stormwater runoff?
- What is polluted runoff?
- What causes polluted stormwater runoff?
- Why do we need to manage stormwater and polluted runoff?
- What is the City of Abilene doing about stormwater runoff?
- How is stormwater runoff “managed”?
- If it only affects streams and creeks, why should I care?
- Why all the recent fuss about stormwater?
- What is the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Stormwater Program?
- What is a Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4)?
- Why isn’t the City of Abilene widening or deepening the creeks in Abilene?
- What are "Best Management Practices" (BMP)?
- What is a detention pond?
- Are sewers and storm drains the same thing?
- Can drainage structures be cleaned out before a storm event?
- Can filters or screens be installed at the inlets of detention ponds and storm drains?
- Why isn't a net/fence/barrier installed at the end of the storm drain channels to catch all of the trash?
- Why doesn't the City build a stormwater treatment facility?
- What kinds of pollutants are found in the storm drain system?
- How much water passes through the system?
- What is Nonpoint Source Pollution (NPS)?
- What are the effects of these pollutants on our waters?
- What causes nonpoint source pollution (NPS)?
- What can we do about nonpoint source pollution?
- What can I do to reduce the amount of stormwater pollution I contribute?
- How else can I help reduce stormwater pollution in my area?
- If I notice a foreign substance flowing into or see someone pouring something into a storm drain inlet, what should I do?
- I see people dumping their used oil into storm drains all the time. What can I do?
- What happens if I see a neighbor or know someone who's throwing trash into a storm drain?
- I have some paint/thinners/chemicals at home that need to be disposed of; where can I take these?
- What kind of educational programs or informational materials are available about stormwater?
- I have often seen stencils over storm drains and conveyances. How do I get a stencil for a stormwater structure(s) near me?
- What is the City of Abilene doing about illegal dumping?
- How can I be environmentally responsible when washing my car?
- Grass, yard clippings and leaves are natural, so they don't cause any problems, right?
- Why is street sweeping and clear curbs and gutters important?
- Why does the City only clean streets with curbs?
- Where can I find out when a street sweeper will be in my neighborhood? public notification of street cleaning schedules?
- Why wasn’t street sweeping completed in front of my house?
- How can I help the street sweepers?