Free Tax Help @ Your Library, Feb. 5 - Apr. 11, 2020
We’re proud to partner with the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) Tax-Aide program during tax season. Multiple sessions will be hosted where IRS-trained volunteers will help you e-File your taxes at the library. Don’t miss your opportunity to take advantage of this popular service.
Free Tax Help will be offered at the Main Library (202 Cedar St.) in the auditorium on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10AM to 3PM; Mockingbird Branch Library (1326 N. Mockingbird Ln.) in the activity room on Fridays and Saturdays, same time.
Library doors will open at 9:00AM and by 9:30AM, volunteers will begin to register guests for available sessions that day. Once we have reached our maximum number of allotted slots, registration will close for the day. If the registration process closes early, we will do our best to alert everyone via Facebook and Twitter.
Participants Must Bring the Following Materials:
- Blank check if you want to direct deposit any refund(s).
- Photo ID for self (and for spouse, if filing jointly).
- Social Security Card(s) for all individuals to be listed on the tax return as dependents.
- Wage and earnings statement(s) such as W-2(s) from all employers.
- Any other financial information and/or documents relating to income, expenses, and banking.
Additional Information for Current Tax Season
If you wish to file your taxes yourself, there will only a limited supply of major tax forms at your library. You may visit us and help yourself to available forms, or library staff may print out requested forms at a cost of $0.15 per page. You also have the option to access tax forms online by visiting the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website from home.
If you would like to order copies of forms and publications directly from the IRS, you may do so by visiting the IRS website.
Most Requested Tax Forms Available Online
- Form 1040: U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (PDF) | Instructions (PDF) | Tax Table from Instructions for Form 1040 (PDF) | Schedules for Form 1040 | Form 1040-SR (PDF)
- Form W-4 (PDF) | Tax Withholding Estimator
- Form 1040-ES (PDF)
- Form W-9 (PDF) | Instructions for Form W-9 (PDF)
- Form 4506-T (PDF) | Form 4506 (PDF) | Form 2848 (PDF)
- Form 941 (PDF) | Instructions for Form 941 (PDF)
- Form W-2 (PDF) | General Instructions for Forms W-2 and W-3 (PDF)
- Form 9465 (PDF) | Instructions for Form 9465 (PDF)
- Form SS-4 (PDF) | Instructions for Form SS-4 (PDF)
- Form W-7 (PDF) | Instructions for Form W-7 (PDF)