2024 Free Tax Help with VITA
We’re proud to partner with the IRS's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to offer free basic tax return preparation to qualified individuals. Click Here for more information regarding this service, offered in multiple languages.
Starting February 1st at 9:30AM, call 325-260-0406 to setup an appointment to be seen. This line will only be open Wednesdays - Saturdays from 9:30AM to 1:30PM for scheduling appointments. You may also make an appointment in-person during the times VITA volunteers are present.
- Walk-Ins will not be seen due to limited volunteers, but an effort will be made to schedule a walk-in for the following session if slots are available.
Please Note: Staff at the library does not have the ability to setup reservations on your behalf.
Hours of Operation
This program will run February 7 - April 13 at the Main Library (202 Cedar St) every Wednesday through Saturday starting at 9:00AM. Sessions will not be hosted on Friday, March 29 as the library will be closed for Good Friday.
This service has an emphasis on assisting the following persons:
- People who generally make $60,000 or less
- Persons with disabilities; and
- Limited English-speaking taxpayers.
Participants Must Bring the Following Materials:
- Proof of ID (driver's license, state photo ID or other government issued ID that includes a photo)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements from all employers
- Social Security Benefit Statements, if applicable
- Copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
Additional Information for Current Tax Season
If you wish to file your taxes yourself, there will only be a limited supply of major tax forms at your library as they are shipped to us. You may visit us and help yourself to available forms, or library staff may print out requested forms at a cost of $0.15 per page. You also have the option to access tax forms online by visiting the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website from home.
If you would like to order copies of forms and publications directly from the IRS, you may do so by visiting the IRS website.