Free Medicare Classes @ Your Library
Learn the ABCD's of Medicare @ Your Library
All library locations will serve as host to monthly classes on Medicare, led by Jennifer Walter (PH: 325-669-5386) & Breanna Maichel (PH: 253-720-2862), two Medicare specialists. Each class offered will last 45-minutes to 1-hour, with the goal of providing seniors with the tools needed to be able to make the right decision going into Medicare.
About the Class
Do you know the A, B, C, D's of Medicare? This is a free educational seminar conducted by a Medicare Specialist. The goal of this seminar is to help you better understand Medicare and all of your options as you become eligible to be on Medicare. Here are a few of the topics we will cover directly from the Centers of Medicare Handbook;
- Defining Medicare and it's parts
- How and when to enroll in Medicare
- Annual Enrollment & Special Enrollment periods
- Medicare Health Plan Coverage Choices (Original Medicare/Supplements/Medicare Advantage)
- Prescription Drug Plans
- Do you qualify for extra help with your premiums and how to apply
- What if you plan to keep working?
- What if my spouse isn't on Medicare?
- Other topics along with a Question & Answer session
Schedule of Class Offerings
Below is a list of scheduled classes offered, listed by available dates at each branch library. When you see a date you'd like to attend, visit our Events Calendar for that date to register to attend; however, registration is not required to attend.
202 Cedar St.
Abilene, TX 79601
|SOUTH BRANCH LIBRARY|
4310 Buffalo Gap Rd.
Abilene, TX 79606
|MOCKINGBIRD BRANCH LIBRARY|
1326 N. Mockingbird Ln.
Abilene, TX 79603