Winter Break Camp 2021
Beyond the Land of Sweets: Celebrating Holidays Across Cultures
A lively seven-day Winter Break Camp at Cesar Chavez Recreation Center is taking inspiration from the cherished Nutcracker Ballet. Campers will travel the globe celebrating holiday traditions and sweets across cultures from Spain, Arabia, France, and more. Activities include creative art projects, energy-bursting gym games, and a special dive into preparing sweet treats inspired by each culture.
Winter Break Camp will be held from 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM between December 20th - 30th. No camp will be held on December 24th, 27th, or 31st to allow the campers and counselors time to celebrate their own cultural traditions and maybe try a few new ones they've learned as well.
The cost is $65 per camper and includes daily lunch and snacks. Space is limited to 80 participants. Registration begins November 1st
- Monday, December 20th - Welcome - Sugar Plums
- Tuesday, December 21st - Spain - Chocolate
- Wednesday, December 22nd- Arabia - Coffee
- Thursday, December 23rd - China - Tea
- Tuesday, December 28th - Russia - Candy Canes
- Wednesday, December 29th - Germany - Gingerbread
- Thursday, December 30th - France - Marzipan