Abilene Fire Department 2022 Fire Prevention Poster Contest
Kids in 1st through 5th grade are invited to make educational posters for the Fire Prevention Week poster contest, hosted by the Abilene Fire Department!
- This contest is for 1st through 5th graders only please
- Posters should be based on the Fire Prevention theme: Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape.
- To teach your students more about this important topic, please visit the NFPA website.
- Posters will be judged on the basis of originality, design, slogan, artwork and overall effectiveness of message. Please encourage students to base their posters on the theme of this year’s contest.
- Posters must be on 12” x 18” paper.
- Artist’s name, school, parent phone number and email address should be printed on the lower right hand corner on the back of each entry.
Posters need to be dropped off at Fire Station 1 Admin, 250 Grape Street, Abilene TX, by September 23, 2022.
The posters will be judged by firefighters and the best 2 posters from each grade will be decided by the end of September. The first place posters will be kept and put on display at a special awards ceremony, which will be held one evening during fire prevention month in October. The awards ceremony will be at the newly constructed Abilene Training Facility.
Prizes will be awarded to the top posters from each grade along with fire engine/station tours.
We can’t wait to see what your children come up with! Questions? Contact Elise Roberts at 325-738-8013