Please join the Abilene Fire Department for a traditional Push-In Ceremony as we put the new Ladder 1 into service. This Ladder truck was carefully designed and created to pay tribute to Dyess Air Force Base here in Abilene, Texas. Since the 1950's, Dyess Air Force Base has designated two planes with nose art representing Abilene. These planes include: a C-130 named the Spirit of Abilene and the now retired B-1 named the Star of Abilene. These planes represent a long standing community relationship with the City of Abilene and the people they fight to protect. Ladder 1 honors the service of Air Force members with subtle details throughout the truck. Some of these details include:
- Red, white and blue lighting on the areal ladder.
- Star and Bars.
- Gray Combat Flag.
- “Kibosh” in honor of Lt. Col. William Edwin Dyess.
- Tail number DY outlined in white.
- “We Support Our Troops” above the flag at the front of the ladder with “Dyess” bellow the flag.
Ladder 1 Push-In Ceremony
- January 4, 2023
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Station 1 - 250 Grape Street, Abilene, Texas 79601