If you’re in need of a space to rent for a meeting for your group or organization, your Abilene Public Library would like you to take advantage of booking one of our meeting rooms. Each location offers a space that can be reserved for use by the community and at some incredible fees. Each room offered can be rented out for a modest $25.00, or for free if you’re a registered non-profit.
Rooms are available during the library’s regular business hours and can accommodate large or small group meetings. All you need to do is contact the library branch you’d like to host your event and check on the room’s availability. If available, the room can be temporarily reserved for you until you complete a meeting room reservation form and agree to the rules of use for the space. Below is a listing of the rooms available to be rented. Contact your library for details.
- Main Library, Auditorium: Seats 140 people with chairs only, or 80 people with tables and chairs seating 4 per table, or 140 seating 8 per table. As the largest space available for renting, groups will also have access to a podium, sound system, stage with lighting, plus a laptop, projector, and screen if needed. Public restrooms on the second floor can be opened for guests during room bookings.
- Main Library, Conference Room: Seats 12 people at a conference room table with additional seating along the wall for 6 people. Groups may have access to a laptop projector, and screen.
- South Branch Library, Meeting Room: Located in the Mall of Abilene, this space offers seating for 72 people with chairs only, 40 people with tables and chairs seating 2 per table. This room offers access to a podium and three TV screens that can be used with a laptop for presentations. Additionally, this space offers access to a kitchenette with a sink, coffee maker, refrigerator, etc, for catered functions or snacks.
- South Branch Library, Activity Room: Offers seating for 35 people with chairs only, 20 people with tables and chairs. Two TV screens are available for presentations if used with a laptop with adjustable lighting if needed.
- Mockingbird Branch Library, Activity Room: Offers seating for 75 people with chairs only, 60 people with tables and chairs seating 4 people per table. Access can also be provided for a projector and laptop.
Again, contact your library for more details and take advantage of the spaces we have available to be rented by your group or organization. Please Note: Bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis with priority given to library programming.