To help protect the community by reducing the spread of COVID-19, the City of Abilene has taken the following precautions for the Parks and Recreation Department as of March 18:
- All rentals and reservations of parks and recreation facilities between now and April 30 will be canceled. Contact Community Services at 325-676-6217 for rescheduling or refunds.
- Senior Services will not be offered at this time through April 30. Meals will be provided for our seniors 60 and over at Rose Park Senior Activity Center 11am-1pm Monday through Friday through April 30. Meals will be delivered by drive thru, 2 meals per vehicle.
- Adaptive Recreation Services will be closed until April 30. However, current participants can pick up a meal between 11am-1pm Monday through Friday at Rose Park Senior Activity Center. Meals will be delivered by drive thru, 2 meals per vehicle.
- City Recreation Centers will be closed through April 30. We hope to resume after school programming when AISD and WISD resume normal schedule.
- Our regular programs such as dog classes, dance classes, senior dances, youth leagues, and other events through April 30 will be canceled. Contact Community Services for more information regarding refunds or rescheduling.
- Splash Pads will continue to remain closed and will not be opened until further notice.
If you have any further questions, please give us a call at Community Services at 325-676-6217, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or message us on social media. As previously mentioned by other leaders in our community, we wish to stay alert about COVID-19, but not anxious. We’re taking the necessary precautions to help protect everyone in Abilene and the surrounding areas, along with helping our medical professionals by following CDC guidelines.