How do I request that the map be changed?

The appeals and protest period for the preliminary maps ended November 11, 2009. After that date, no further appeals and protests will be accepted by FEMA related to the preliminary maps. Changes to the maps after that date must be by a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) or a Letter of Map Revision (LOMR), submitted in accordance with FEMA regulations.

Show All Answers

1. What is a FIRM?
2. Why does the city have floodplain regulations?
3. What is a floodplain?
4. What is a floodway?
5. What is a Base Flood Elevation (BFE)?
6. Can I build a new house or structure in a floodplain?
7. How do I know if my property is in the floodplain?
8. I have lived in my house for a long time and it has never flooded, but the maps show my property to be in the floodplain. Are the maps wrong?
9. How do I request information regarding the FIRM?
10. How do I request that the map be changed?
11. Who created the preliminary Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) flood map for Abilene?
12. How was the map prepared?
13. What is the purpose of the newly revised FEMA flood map for Abilene?
14. How did the City of Abilene assist FEMA in creating the flood map?
15. Am I required to have flood insurance?
16. Should I buy flood insurance?