Who is responsible for trimming trees?

Residents are responsible for the trimming of trees located on their property, to the center of the alley, and in the parkway (the area which extends from the property line to the curb or street pavement edge). You may contact a professional landscaping or tree trimming service to assist you with the trimming. Tree branches and limbs may be taken to the Abilene Brush Center located at 2149 Sandy Street off of East Highway 80 for recycling. This service is free for Abilene residents. To report tree limbs touching electrical lines, call American Electric Power (AEP) at 1-877-373-4858; to report tree limbs touching telephone lines, contact your telephone service provider.

Show All Answers

1. How can I make a complaint?
2. How long should it take for a Code Officer to investigate my complaint?
3. What if I want to remain anonymous?
4. Why isn't the City doing something about a property complaint I made?
5. How do I report littering?
6. How do I report illegal dumping in rights-of-way?
7. How can I encourage others not to litter?
8. Who is responsible for keeping the street and alley clean?
9. Who is responsible for trimming trees?
10. What can the City do about dead or diseased trees?
11. Can I park a vehicle in my yard?
12. Can 18-wheelers be parked on a residential street?
13. Can I operate a business in my home?
14. Can I post a sign to a utility pole or tree?
15. What items cannot be stored outside?
16. Can I compost my own leaves and grass clippings?
17. How can I tell if my contractor is disposing of waste properly?