Can I operate a business in my home?

If you operate a home business in a residentially zoned area, you may not:

  • Have more than one person living outside of the home work there
  • Have an illuminated identification sign larger than 1 by 1 foot
  • Generate a loud or raucous noise that interferes with the public peace and comfort
  • Discharge noxious fumes

For additional information, view the Home Occupation Brochure (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. How can I make a complaint?
2. How long should it take for a Code Officer to investigate my complaint?
3. What if I want to remain anonymous?
4. Why isn't the City doing something about a property complaint I made?
5. How do I report littering?
6. How do I report illegal dumping in rights-of-way?
7. How can I encourage others not to litter?
8. Who is responsible for keeping the street and alley clean?
9. Who is responsible for trimming trees?
10. What can the City do about dead or diseased trees?
11. Can I park a vehicle in my yard?
12. Can 18-wheelers be parked on a residential street?
13. Can I operate a business in my home?
14. Can I post a sign to a utility pole or tree?
15. What items cannot be stored outside?
16. Can I compost my own leaves and grass clippings?
17. How can I tell if my contractor is disposing of waste properly?