How can I contest a traffic citation?

You must first enter a plea of not guilty. This plea may be entered in one of two ways:

  • You may mail your plea of not guilty to Municipal Court prior to your appearance date
  • You may personally appear in court and enter a plea of not guilty

Pre-Trial Docket

When you enter a plea of not guilty on a traffic citation, you will be listed on the Pre-trial Docket. The Pre-trial is an opportunity for the defendant to discuss the facts of the case with the City Attorney's Office in an effort to resolve the matter without a full trial. When you are issued a citation, an instructional sheet is attached explaining the procedures to contest a citation.

Show All Answers

1. Can I pay my ticket online?
2. How can I contest a parking citation?
3. How can I contest a traffic citation?
4. How can I obtain information on a traffic citation?
5. Can a parent represent his or her child in Municipal Court?
6. Am I eligible for deferred disposition?
7. Can I take a defensive driving class for dismissal of a traffic ticket?
8. How do I reschedule a pre-trial/trial date for Municipal Court?
9. I have been notified there is a warrant for my arrest. What should I do?
10. Will the Municipal Court pay a Defense Attorney to represent me?