Street Division Projects
Week of December 9, 2019
- Complaints Citywide
- Antilley Road: Closed from Buffalo Gap Road to HWY 83, Lane Closures only
- South 27th Street: Closed from Maple Street to Oldham Lane, Lane Closures only
- South 7th Street: Closed from South Pioneer Drive to South Treadaway Blvd, Lane Closures only
- Washington Blvd: Closed from E Hwy 80 to East North 16th Street, Closed to through traffic
- West Lake Road: Closed from Ambler Avenue to Anson Avenue, Lane Closures only
New Concrete Construction
- Big Sky Drive & Janna Drive
- Complaints Citywide
Road Repairs & Closures
Abilene Academy Now Accepting Applications
The City of Abilene is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for Abilene Academy.
Abilene Academy is an eight week course aimed at educating residents about their City government and generating discussions about City operations and how citizens can become more involved and informed. The Academy will give citizens the opportunity to better understand the function of each City department and how they affect quality of life issues.
“Abilene Academy will be an invaluable tool for helping the Abilene community gain a more in depth knowledge about our City government,” said Mayor Anthony Williams. “It is our goal that once citizens complete the course, they not only have a greater understanding of our City government and leadership, but put the knowledge to action and become involved on City boards, commissions and ultimately, the City Council.”
There will be nine Academy classes in total, two times per month from 4:30 PM – 7:00 PM, except for a hands-on exercise that will take place on a Saturday from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Classes are free and limited to 25 participants, first come, first served. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
Applications for Abilene Academy are due by January 26, 2018 to Mindy Patterson and can be submitted:
- Online: www.abilenetx.gov/abileneacademy
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: P.O. Box 60, Abilene, Texas 79604
- In Person: 555 Walnut Street, Suite 203 Abilene, Texas 79601
To apply online or for more information, including a complete schedule, please visit