Street Division Projects
Week of December 9, 2019
- Complaints Citywide
- Antilley Road: Closed from Buffalo Gap Road to HWY 83, Lane Closures only
- South 27th Street: Closed from Maple Street to Oldham Lane, Lane Closures only
- South 7th Street: Closed from South Pioneer Drive to South Treadaway Blvd, Lane Closures only
- Washington Blvd: Closed from E Hwy 80 to East North 16th Street, Closed to through traffic
- West Lake Road: Closed from Ambler Avenue to Anson Avenue, Lane Closures only
New Concrete Construction
- Big Sky Drive & Janna Drive
- Complaints Citywide
Road Repairs & Closures
City-Wide Tornado Preparedness Drill Scheduled
In observance of Texas Severe Weather Awareness Week, the City of Abilene, Taylor County, and the National Weather Service in San Angelo urge businesses, schools, families, and citizens to review their tornado preparedness plans and exercise their plan/drill on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 10:00 A.M. If 10:00 A.M. is not a convenient time for you, pick a different time in the day/week to practice your response. Please keep in mind, you will need to simulate a 10:00 A.M. tornado warning/CodeRed® call as none will be given.
Texas Severe Weather Awareness Week is designed to bring attention to the threats posed by weather hazards in an attempt to reduce the loss of life, injury and property damage. All citizens are encouraged to have a conversation with their family or business associates about what actions they would take in the event of a tornado and practice executing those safety plans. Participation by local schools, colleges and universities, and nursing homes is particularly encouraged.
- Remember that severe weather may strike with only a few minutes of advance warning.
- Sign-up for CodeRED® Weather Warning (free telephone emergency notification from the City of Abilene) at www.abilenetx.gov or contact 2-1-1 if you need help registering.
- Have more than one way to receive warnings, such as the NOAA All-Hazards Radio, public radio and television, and CodeRED® notification.
- Use this opportunity to practice your plans & procedures in the event of a tornado, or if none are in place, start a discussion to develop them.
- Check that your All-Hazards Radio is correctly programmed to receive warnings from the National Weather Service.
For more emergency management resources, visit the City of Abilene Office of Emergency Management at www.abilenetx.gov/EOC/resources.htm.