Drainage Improvements at Several Intersections Begins Monday
$431,873 IN UPGRADES PART OF 2019 STREET MAINTENANCE FUND PROJECTS
The partial reconstruction of more than two dozen intersections across the City of Abilene will begin Monday, October 7th. Residents can expect intersection closures and detours at the following intersections:
- North 14th St. at Richland Drive
- North 14th St. at Glendale Drive
- North 14th St. at Minter Lane
- North 14th St. at Beechwood Lane
- North 14th St. at Glenhaven Drive
- North 14th St. at Westview Drive
- North 14th St. at Briarwood Street
- North 14th St. at Mockingbird Lane
- Westmoreland St. at North 12th Street
- North 11th St. at Merchant Street
- North 10th St. at Richland Drive
- Westwood Drive at North 10th Street
- Fannin St. at North 10th Street
- San Jose Drive at South 3rd Street
- South 24th St. at Sayles Boulevard
- Buffalo Gap Road at Edgemont Drive
- South 39th St. at Buffalo Gap Road
- South 40th St. at Buffalo Gap Road
- Southwest Drive at Rebecca Lane
- Rex Allen Drive at Chimney Rock Road
- Pebblebrook Court at Rex Allen Drive
- Rex Allen Drive at Button Willow Pkwy
- Beck Avenue at Meadow Drive
- Big Sky Drive at Janna Drive
- Wagon Wheel Avenue at Lantana Ave.
- John Carroll Drive at Thompson Pkwy
Bontke Brothers Construction, Inc. will have sixty working days to finish the intersection work, which will include the replacement of portions of the asphalt intersections with concrete, and some other minor improvements.
The aim of this project is to improve the flow and drainage of stormwater, along with the longevity of roadway.
The total cost of this project is $431,873.30, with funds coming from the City’s Street Maintenance Fund.