The Health Services Department includes the Abilene Taylor-County Public Health District and is the community's source for health management & maintenance, whether it's personal health or environmental health. Their goal is to keep Abilene healthy and happy through their services.
Medical Health Care
Women Infants & Children
Severe Pulmonary Illness Among Persons Who Report Vaping
Get the facts about electronic cigarettes
Information for Health Care Providers on adolescents and E-cigarette use www.txhealthsteps.com/static/courses/escape-the-vape/sections/section-1-1.html
About the Health Department
To provide preventative services to promote community health.
To be a premier, innovative health department, leading in the prevention of diseases.
- We exemplify professionalism through respect, excellence, and teamwork.
- We provide exceptional, valuable services for our community.
- We serve with accountability and consistency to build community trust.
- We effectively use evidence-based strategies and best practices to advance public health.
- We collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to promote community health and prevent disease.
Abilene-Taylor County Active Living Plan
Read Our Plan & Take Steps to Change!