The Art of Planning a Great Event!
The art of planning a great event begins with a great location. A great location should offer easy access and convenience. Abilene gives you these and more. Located between Dallas and Midland near the geographic center of the state, it offers the relaxed atmosphere of a small town with the luxuries of a big city.
Abilene is a uniquely desirable location for conferences and conventions, offering fine dining and sumptuous accommodations without the accompanying traffic problems that confuse visitors driving in a big city. With numerous theater groups and three universities, Abilene is a sophisticated progressive city that hasn't lost its feel for the past nor its hospitality.
Best of all, it has a convention center whose size and versatility will surprise you -- The City of Abilene and its Convention Center make planning a great event easy.
Upcoming Events Calendar
- Full Building Diagram
- Red Carpet Lobby
- Auditorium (with seating chart)
- Conference Center
- Upstairs Conference Room
- Exhibit Hall
Facility Information and Amenities
From the spacious lobby to the fully computerized lighting system, the Auditorium will impress you. It's hosted a wide range of meetings and performances, from major conventions to world-famous singers and hit Broadway musicals. The exceptional acoustics have drawn praise from the most veteran entertainers and the vast amount of fly and wing space allow elaborate set changes. The 70' by 72' foot stage (which includes a hydraulically operated orchestra pit) faces 2,091 seats. On the main level, 1,412 continental style seats and 12 wheelchair spaces are all within 116 feet of the stage. The 667-seat balcony is served by its own restroom facilities, and enclosed patios on either side of the auditorium are perfect for breaks or intermission.
The Auditorium has both chorus and private dressing rooms as well as a large and very comfortable green room. There is plenty of free parking space nearby, and all facilities within the Convention Center are accessible to the handicapped.
- Theater: Seating 2,091 (includes 12 wheelchair spaces) continental style (no center aisle), two-level balcony, all plush seating.
- Stage: The stage is 70'x72' including hydraulic orchestra pit lowering to 10'. Stage floor is stage lam. Wing space of 36'x46'x14' on both stage right and left has concrete floor. Proscenium is 28'x60'. (Grand teaser reduces proscenium to 15'x60' if required.) Loading is at stage level access through a single 14'x12' overhead door located stage right.
- Sound System: 32 channel Midas M-32 Digital Console; Speakers consist of a single point concealed center cluster and balcony fills. Monitor systems consist of six separate monitor sends with full equalization on each send. Monitors are controlled from FOH position and QSC front fills for pit seating.
- Lighting: ETC EOS lighting board. 30 Circuit FOH. 3 – onstage electrics with 40 circuits per electric; 6 circuits on balcony rail; 15 circuits in floor pockets around stage. 1 – 24 circuit ETC Portable Dimmer Pack. 2 – 2000 Watt Xenon Super Trouper Follow Spot; House lighting inventory includes – 56 – ETC Source 4 degree, 10 degree and 18 degree; 104 S4 Pars with lens set; 51 – S4 Bodies. 11 – 19 degree barrels; 27 – 26 degree barrels; 26 – 36 degree barrels; 40 – Altman 6” Fresnels, and 6 – 3 Cell CYC Lights
- Fly System: 39–lineset – all automated programming. Controlled by ETC foundation controller.
- Stage Curtains: Grand Drape and Tormentors are rich burgundy, concert drape is pewter. All other legs are black with two additional black travelers and 70x28 Polycyc.
- Auxiliary Space: Lobby and mezzanine area with restrooms on both levels, four private and two chorus dressing rooms with showers and make-up lights, large attractive Green Room adjacent to stage for receptions, press conferences, etc.
You'll find our Foyer both spacious and elegant. The Foyer is a 9,000 square foot area with glass walls on three sides, providing north and south views. The area has a 22' ceiling with an overlook from the Auditorium, Mezzanine, and balcony in the Foyer.
The foyer is a good example of the Convention Center's versatility. Besides serving as a grand entrance to both the auditorium and exhibit hall, with concession areas and box offices, it's also fully functional for banquets, seating 550, or for exhibits.
The Foyer, with its glass entries, terrazzo floors, and dark wood paneling makes an attractive area for any type event.
- 110 volt and 120 volt outlets at regular intervals
- Independent in-house sound system
- Two concession areas
- One ticket office
- Public restrooms
- Drive-in access to Exhibit Hall through 7'x9' removable panels
- Entries from exterior (both north and south)
- Two sets of entries to the Auditorium to the east
- Two sets of entries to the Exhibit Hall to the west
Stand in any part of our 20,000 square foot exhibit hall and you see only space, not a single column. With sufficient electrical connections and space for 100 10'x 10' booths, it's been the site of numerous displays, from vacation and sports shows to convention exhibits. We can provide a full inventory of staging, tables, and chairs for the exhibit hall as well as any other area of the Convention Center, along with blue draping for up to 100 booths, signs, screens, marker boards, and other equipment necessary for your event.
- 110 volt electrical drops every 22' from the ceiling
- 110 volt and 220 volt outlets on every wall
- Independent in-house sound system
- Natural gas outlets
- Hot and cold water outlets
- Drains every 22' on floors west, east, and south walls
- Unlimited floor load capacity
- 12'x13' drive-in entrance and loading dock
- Exterior entrance on west end and entry through Foyer on east
- Lighting dimmer system to control atmosphere for special events
- Full catering kitchen with loading dock, dishwasher, refrigerators, ice machine, commercial oven and hot surface.
The conference center, was designed strictly with the users in mind, from the outstanding sound conditioning in both permanent and temporary walls, to the very best in portable staging and dance floors. The main area of the conference center, with 13,400 square feet, is the epitome of flexibility. Use it to seat 1,000 at a banquet (with a fully equipped kitchen) or break out two to four separate meeting rooms with capacities for 200 to 500 served by individual sound systems.
The Convention Center is suited to meetings of all sizes. Each of these rooms is capable of seating 40 to 80 people, depending on the arrangement, and has elevator access from the foyer. Restrooms are conveniently located on the same level.
Our VIP room is plushly furnished, equipped with full coffee bar facilities, and a conference area. It's just the right spot for your event office area during your convention or meeting.
Topping off the Convention Center is a very pleasant plaza with trees and year-round plantings. Perfect for outdoor receptions or gatherings, the plaza also has a stage with electrical connections above the planters, making it ideal for rallies or concerts. Its beauty and versatility give the Convention Center just the right finishing touch.
||Theatre Style||Banquet||Class Room||Exhibit Hall||Square Footage|
|Red Carpet Lobby||200||160||120||16||2,500|
|Meeting Room 201/2||75||N/A||40||N/A||840|
|Meeting Room 203/4||75||N/A||40||N/A||672|
|Meeting Room 205/6||75||N/A||40||N/A||738|
|Meeting Room 207/8||65||N/A||30||N/A||600|
|Meeting Room 209/10||75||N/A||40||N/A||680|
|Conference Room 1||200||200||140||11||2,762|
|Conference Room 2||325||350||290||18||4,631|
|Conference Room 3||220||200||190||11||3,087|
|Conference Room 4||200||200||140||11||2,914|
|Exhibit Hall Conference Room||35||N/A||24||N/A||400|
|Upstairs Conference Room||300||N/A||180||15||3,500|
Frequently Asked Questions
For Convention Center Events, call (325) 676-6361 or check Box Office information.
For Star Tickets, call the Abilene Convention Center at (325) 676-6361, Star Tickets at (800) 585-3737, or visit the Star Tickets website at http://www.startickets.com
For Broadway Series, call the Abilene Convention Center at (325) 676-6361, Celebrity Attractions at (800) 869-1451, or visit the Celebrity Attractions website at http://www.celebrityattractions.com/
For Premier Productions, call the Abilene Convention Center at (325) 676-6361, Premier Productions at (800) 965-9324, or visit the Premier Productions website at www.premierproductions.com/
The Abilene Convention Center is located at 1100 North 6th Street, at the intersection of North 6th and Pine.
From Fort Worth:
Remain on I-20W to Pine Street or Business 83 exit (exit 286). This is Pine Street, turn left, and you will be going South. Remain on Pine Street until you reach North 6th.
From Hwy 277 North:
Stay on Hwy 277/83/84 and exit at North 1st. You will dead-end to North 1st. Turn left onto North 1st, turn left on Pine Street. Continue to North 6th.
From Hwy 277 South:
Stay on 277 (you will make a left turn and reenter - HWY 277 will merge will 83/84) exit at North 1st. You will dead-end to North 1st. Turn left onto North 1st, turn left on Pine Street. Continue to North 6th.
From Hwy 36:
Highway 36 becomes South 11th Street. Stay on South 11th until you come to Treadaway and turn right. Stay on Treadaway and go under the overpass. Continue to North 6th and turn left.
From San Angelo:
Get onto the Winters Freeway, turn left on Hwy 83/84 going North. Exit at the North 1st Exit. You will dead-end to North 1st. Turn left onto North 1st, turn left on Pine Street. Continue to North 6th.